Date(s) - Sat, 01/16
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
With Intentions Holistic Studio
Evolving Practice: Continuum of Yoga, In-Studio & Virtual
With Bobbie Ellis
Saturday, January 16th from 1:00 – 4:00pm
With Intentions Holistic Studio, 1700 Main St, Lake Como, NJ
Offering $60 ($55 Early Bird Offering if booked before January 1st)
Discover new and unexpected possibilities when you combine the fluid movement practices of Continuum with the principles and practice of Yoga.
Bobbie will guide experiential learning as you explore:
- How the fluid nature of the body and continuum can inform and evolve yoga practices.
- Curiosity to develop new resources for embodied living.
- How the “8 limbs” of yoga are found in Continuum. To be continued
- The body as a resilient creative process, rather than an object to force and mold
- Pouring your body into and out of asana in exploration rather then a fixed static state
- How your yoga practice can be informed by the moment, as opposed to perfecting form.
- Preventing yoga-related injuries by changing your habitual tempo and listening from within in new and novel ways to develop in-powerment and self regulation.
About Bobbie Ellis: For 35 years Bobbie has been deeply committed to exploring the territory of inquiry using the wisdom of the body through yoga, continuum, expressive movement therapy, creative process, writing and poetry. She had a 30+ year career in massage therapy and continues to draw on that wisdom. Bobbie is the director of Soma Center, Resources for Embodied Living for 21 years and is a ceremonial officiant with Meaningful Ceremonies since 1993, both located in Highland Park, NJ. She studied yoga from 1983-2012 with Donna Farhi, Angela Farmer, and Eric Schiffman. She explored endlessly with Emilie Conrad, Continuum’s founder from 1999-2014 (Emilie left this life on April 14, 2014) and continues with Susan Harper, (the other founding teacher of Continuum) of Continuum Montage. Bobbie has created an embodied meditation CD with musician and husband John Bianculli titled “Embodied Meditation for Women Volume I”- Available on Amazon, CD baby or direct.
Yoga mats provided for use.
Face coverings required within the studio…
Space Limited for social distancing.
To save your spot, please register and prepay for class at below or by phone at 732-800-6960…
Other Prepayment Options…
- Venmo @Regina-Viqueira (verification #2725)
- CC/Cash/Check in-person during shop hours:
Tu – Fri 11am – 4pm
Sat 1pm – 4pm
Log in or Register to manage reservations, or reserve as a guest below
Reservations are closed for this event.